If you see the following error messages when starting EmbroideryStudio.
This has occurred because the antivirus software has removed the .exe file.
This can happen if the “Wilcom” folder is not added to the exception list or exclusion list of the antivirus software.
For 64bit Windows, the path of the "Wilcom" folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wilcom".
For 32bit Windows, the path of the "Wilcom" folder is "C:\Program Files\Wilcom".
If you haven’t installed the e3 update:
1) Add the “Wilcom” folder in the exception list or exclusion list of the antivirus software
2) Disable the antivirus software temporary
3) Insert the Wilcom e3 installation DVD
4) In the installation wizard, choose “Repair”
5) Click on the “Next” button to continue, until the end
6) Turn on the antivirus software
Note: the missing file should now be recovered.
If you have installed e3 update:
You cannot do a “Repair” as the ES version in the installation DVD is older than what you actually have installed on your PC.
What you need to do is go through the un-install and re-install software procedure, as outlined below:
2) Disable the antivirus software temporarily
4) In the installation wizard, choose “Remove”
6) In Windows Explorer, right click on the “Setup.exe” file in the Wilcom e3 installation DVD
7) Click on “Run as Administrator” in the right click menu (note: this starts the installation wizard, continue until it is finished).
8) Reboot your PC
9) Install the e3 Update (Wilcom Updates are available at http://www.wilcom.com/en-us/gethelp/support/downloadcenter.aspx)
10) Turn on the antivirus software
Note: at this point, the missing file recovering procedure is complete.
Warning: Your PC becomes vulnerable after the antivirus software is disabled. Please do not check your email or visit any websites until the antivirus software is turned on. Please do not forget to turn on the antivirus software after the procedure.